Friday, September 4, 2009

Magaritas, Mishaps & Madness

Ah! It's finally Friday!
Thank. The. Lord.
It has been a very tiresome week.
Perhaps the pitcher (Yes. Pitcher.)
of super yummy margaritas I had after work yesterday with
my new work bff Alex was made me hit the snooze button this morning?
Ten. Times.

Which brings me to this very random rant..
The things I observed while guzzling margaritas yesterday.

1. La Jolla.  Is gorgeous.  Also, I feel richer (and slightly snobbier) just being there.
2. How do you know your in La Jolla?  When the women no longer look like people,
 and instead look like life sized barbie dolls walking down the street. 
(Blonde? Check.  Skinny. Check. Plastic parts?  Double check.) 
You get the idea...
3.My theory on gay servers from the last post.  So. True.
(Baby: "So what's the deal with you?  Are you single? Relationship?
Alex: "Well, I was living with my ex-boyfriend for a while...)
Ha! What do you know?  My point? Proven.
4. When the bartender asks, "Would you guys like a half picther or a full pitcher?"
it is always best to reply loudly & obnoxiously,
"WHAT DO YOU THINK WE ARE, PUSSIES?! BRING ON THE FULL ONE!"
and then giggle excessivley.
The looks.  Priceless.
5.  You know you've probably had a little too much to drink when your friend's final words to you before you part ways are, "I'll text you later to make sure you're still alive."
Ah, friendship. How lovely.

As I'm being a tipsy fool and getting lost driving home, I realize I have two
 missed calls and a text from the Boy.  He wants to go skating on the pier (aka he goes skating and I ride a bike along side him.  I still have numerous scars from the time he tried to teach me how to ride one of those crazy wooden death traps. Never again.) I say, "yes" like the a-hole I am, even though I kept telling myself yesterday that I was just going to ignore his calls through the weekend. 
(Self-control?  Apparently, I'm sorta lacking. )

An hour before he's supposed to pick me up I get another text from him.
"Laaaaaaaaame!!! I can't find my board!"
Really?  REALLY?  Because I'm sure it just dissappeared on you?
I'm sure you can't just look around for it until you find it?
Whatever.  Just.  Whatever.
Asshole.

Tonight, I'm feeling like I just need to get my mind off of these silly stressful things in my life.
(Lame job & stupid boy included, natch.)
So, I'm going out with one of my best girlfriends and one of her friends. 
Who, I don't know?
To where, no idea?
But as long as the drinkies are flowing & the music is loud
I am sure I'll be juussssssttttttttttt fine :)

'Cause sometimes.  That's all you need.

3 comments:

CIP said...

I'm so glad you left me a comment because just reading this one post, I know I love you already!

Margaritas= perfection

Erin said...

Margaritas are pretty wonderful concoctions, though I would probably pass out if I drank half a pitcher. Or a whole one. ;) Because I'm a wimp.

And I completely agree. Sometimes, you just need the drinks flowing and music playing. And everything else falls into place.

rachel said...

i love margaritas. you know what i love more? margaritas in la jolla. seriously, that place is amazing... definitely one of my favorite getaways in the world. :)