Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blondies Versus Brownies

I think most of the ladies out there can agree with me when I say
that along with finding the perfect fitting pair of jeans & bathing suit shopping...
finding a new hair stylist
is practically the women's equivalent to medevil torture.

So today I decided the year and a half (Seriously.  I know.  It's BAD ladies. Real bad!)
 I've been putting this off and pretending my hair looks ok...
& trimming my own bangs (Not too, too shabbily I might add!)
while constantly googling
 "Hair Salons (that won't totally f*** up my hair) in San Diego"
with no success..

I am finally putting my foot down!
(and not how I usually like to do it, in a masaging chair, while getting my toesy's painted unfortunatly..)
(although now that is sounding like a good idea to me.)

After yelping every, single salon I could find in Diego I think I've finally picked one that
sounds the most up my alley (am I the only one who think this saying sounds kinda dirty? yes? really? um ok, then moving on...) 
It sounds cool, funky & of course the point that put me over the edge, natch.
They serve ya drinkies!
(and I'm talking of the alcoholic variety, of course.)

*Note from the Editor- If any of you lovlies reading this know of a hair stylsist in the San Diego area that you love love love - I am verrrrrrrrrryyy open to suggestions!

So now that I've found the place..
I just have one more decision to make.

What the eff am I gonna do to mahh hurrrrrrrrrrrz?
(Did I mention I'm originally from New York?..)
(No?  Well, tis true. Very gangster I iz, yo.)

Now you see, for a very long time I've been wanting to die my naturally brunette self blondie.
No, not because I want to fit in with all the
peroxide bleached..
overly tan..
fake boobied..
stereotypical "SoCal" bimbos
that plague my darling SD..

I'm just freaking BOREEEEEEEEEED.
(Yawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn!)
With the same hairstyle (long, straight, varing shades of brunette..)
that I've had since?
Well probably ever since I started caring about my hair!

So, should I do it?
Take the plunge?
Be the daring, exciting Baby that everyone expects would do something this far out
and hope it doesn't end up a royally golden mistake?

Or play it safe?
Get my hair styled..
& call it a day.

I guess we'll have to see.

If I do decide to do it..

I'm hoping the transformation turns out something more like this:

and not this:

What do you guys think?
In the Blonde vs. Brunette debate?

No comments: